Sunday, May 06, 2007

Walking Down The Aisle

It was not a conventional wedding when Boinu (Kim) and I tied the nuptial knot. It was much more than that.
Towards the end of 2005, I was in Delhi, on one of those crazy bike trips I take off and on. I drove from Hissar, Haryana and landed up at the Kathange Sports Festival of the Kuki Students Organisation Delhi. I ended up meeting a road accident later in the evening and landed up at the Military Hospital, Delhi Cantt, where Col Aurora and his deputies ended up with either making or marring my broken shin bone.
Our romance grew from normal hospital visits she undertook from North Campus. I then realised I could no longer do without her (clever girl?). We eloped and then got married to each other by a kindly priest, who despite the public scandal we raised went ahead and made us Husband and Wife.
We went home to finish off the pending social obligations. My Mother-in-law was the hardest to convince that I married Kim for love. I was made to swear again before her that I actually loved Kim, the earlier one before God not convincing her enough.
Since then we have seen so many journeys in the actual and the metaphorical sense as well. And as we tread along, we remember the wishes of all our wellwishers. We thank them all over again this day.

1 comment:

  1. ....when cupid strikes does anything can stop??? that is how we see in the life of u & Kim. Keep flying high the wind of 'love'.Wish u a happy married life. As they say...'they live happily ever after'..!!!!

    Mangpu.

    ReplyDelete